Computer Architecture Simulation & Visualisation
Some HASE Publications
- "dsimcluster: A Simulation Model for Efficient Memory
Analysis Experiments of DSM Clusters", W. Marurngsith and R.N. Ibbett,
Vol. 85, No. 6, pp 355-374, 2009.
- "On the Scalability of Storage Sub-System Back-end
Networks", Yan Li, Tim Courtney, Roland Ibbett and Nigel Topham,
International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer
Telecommunications Systems, Edinburgh, June, 2008.
- "Work in Progress: Performance Evaluation of RAID6 Systems",
Y. Li, T. Courtney, R. N. Ibbett and N. Topham, in WiP of
FAST, San Jose, USA, 2007.
- "SIMRAID: An Efficient Performance Evaluation Tool for RAID
Systems", Y. Li, T. Courtney, F Chevalier & R.N. Ibbett, Summer
Computer Simulation Conference, Canada, August 2006.
- "Computer Architecture Simulation Models", R.N. Ibbett,
J.C. Diaz y Carballo & D.A.W. Dolman, Proc ITiCSE06, p353, ACM, 2006.
- "Specification-Based Parameter-Model Interaction: Towards a
Correct Reflection of Memory Characteristics in a DSM Cluster
Simulation", W Marurngsith and R.N. Ibbett, Summer Computer Simulation
Conference, USA, July 2005.
- "Overcoming the Driver Cost in Extreme Short Range Optical
Interconnect", T. Courtney & F. Chevalier, accepted for presentation
at IASTED Optical Communication Systems and Networks Conference
(OCSN), Banff, Canada, July 2005,
- "Comparison of SBOD and MBOD Under SPC-1 Traffic", T. Courtney &
F. Chevalier, IASTED PDCN 2005, Innsbruck, Austria, February 2005.
- "IOmeter Performance Comparison of SBOD and MBOD", F. Chevalier,
R. Ibbett & T. Courtney, WSEAS Transactions on Computers, Issue 6,
Vol. 3, Dec 2004.
- "A Methodology for Simulating Scientific Supercomputing Systems",
Sadaf Alam & Roland N. Ibbett, Proc SCSC 2004, pp 149-154, 2004.
- "DSIMCluster: A Simulation Model for Efficient Memory
Analysis Experiments of DSM Clusters", Worawan Marurngsith &
Roland N. Ibbett, Proc SCSC 2004, pp 191-197 (winner of SCSC 2004 Best
Paper Award), 2004.
- "Work in Progress: Low level simulation of back-end storage
network using Hase", T. Courtney & F. Chevalier, IEEE Conference on
Mass Storage systems and Technology, Maryland, USA, April 2004.
- "A Simulation Applet for Microcoding Exercises", R.N.Ibbett, Proc
Workshop on Computer Architecture Education at ISCA, pp 122-129, 2004.
- "Computer Architecture Simulation Applets for Use in Teaching",
R.N. Ibbett and F. Mallet, Proc Frontiers in Education 2003, Boulder,
Colorado, Nov 2003.
- "Simulation of a Computer Architecture for Quantum
Chromodynamics Calculations", Sadaf Alam, Roland Ibbett and Frederic
Mallet, ACM Crossroads, Issue 9.3, pp 16-23, Spring 2003
- "An Extensible Clock Mechanism for Computer Architecture
Simulations", F. Mallet, S. Alam & R.N. Ibbett, IASTED International
Conference on Modelling and Simulation, USA, 2002.
HASE DLX Simulation Model", R.N.Ibbett, IEEE Micro, Vol 20, no
3, pp 57-65, 2000
- "Computer Architecture Visualisation Techniques", R.N.Ibbett,
Microprocessors and Microsystems, Elsevier, Vol 23, pp 291-300, 1999.
Hierarchical Computer Architecture Design and Simulation
Environment" (ACM ToMaCS vol 8 no 4, 1998)
A Flexible Toolset for Computer Architects" (The Computer J., Vol
38, No 10, 1995)
prototype version of HASE" (Proc. HICSS-27, 1994)
(Short paper describing a HASE demonstration) (postscript)
- "An interactive environment for the teaching of computer
architecture", SIGCSE96 1996
- "Simulating the
DASH Architecture in HASE" (29th Annual Simulation Symposium 1996)
- "Modelling and simulation of advanced computer systems:
techniques, tools and tutorials", Chapter 1, F.W.Howell and
R.N.Ibbett, edited by Kallol Bagchi, pp 1-18, Gordon and Breach 1996.
Return to HASE home page
Institute for Computing Systems Architecture, School of Informatics,
University of Edinburgh
Last change 08/01/2010
Please contact our
webadmin with any comments or changes.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is
copyright © The University of Edinburgh.